1. Workplace MeSeta Approval
To register your workplace for MerSeta approval you will need the following information
- 1. A clear certified copy of the CC documents (CIPRO document)
- 2. Skills Levy Number (on the EMP 201 form)
- 3. Banking details
- 4. Bank account confirmation letter form the bank
- 5. Tax clearance
- 6. Vat clearance
- 7. Company Address
- 8. Company contact no.
- 9. List of company employees
The company must be a contributing member of the Skills Levy or must be exempt as per exemption criteria for SME’s.
2. Mentor MeSeta Registration
To register a mentor you will need the following information
- 1. A clear certified copy of the ID document of the mentor
- 2. A clear certified copy of the National Qualification Certificate of the mentor (Red seal certificate)
The mentor must have a minimum qualification of a Level 4 Mechanic. Only 4 apprentices can be allocated to a mentor at anytime.
3. Apprentice MeSeta Registration
To register a apprentice you will need the following information
- 1. A clear certified copy of the ID document of the apprentice
- 2. A clear certified copy of the National Qualification Certificate apprentice (Grade 11, Grade 12 or N2 report)
- 3. The year this qualification was achieved (eg. 2016)
- 4. The name of the school where this qualification was achieved
- 5. Home language of the apprentice
- 6. Physical Address of the apprentice
- 7. Contact Number of the apprentice (Mobile No Preferred)
- 8. Email address of the apprentice
- 9. Detail of the current workplace of the apprentice
The apprentice must have a minimum pass rate of Grade 11 Maths and Physical Science or a N2 qualification.